- 1/4-inch-thick slice French or Italian Bread
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat margarine spread
- 2 slices canned, chilled pickled beets, drained and blotted on paper towels
- 2 large shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and chilled
- 1 teaspoon chopped green pepper
Spread thin layer of margarine on bread, and layer with pickled beets, shrimp, and green pepper. Serve immediately, as beets may bleed into sandwich.
Yield: 1 sandwich.
Serving size: 1 sandwich.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 153 calories, Carbohydrates: 23 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Sodium: 390 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
This recipe was developed by Sharon Palmer, a registered dietitian and freelance writer in Southern California.