- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces skinless salmon fillets
- 2 cups sliced asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup spinach, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Bring water to a boil in large skillet over high heat. Add salmon; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until salmon begins to flake when tested with fork. Remove salmon from skillet; cut into large pieces when cool enough to handle.
Spray separate large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add asparagus; cook and stir 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice, spinach, and broth; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and rice is heated through. Stir in salmon, chives, lemon juice, and pepper.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 251 calories, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Protein: 22 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 47 mg, Sodium: 62 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.