- 8 ounces uncooked tricolored rotini pasta
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup fat-free or part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and black pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well; cover and keep warm.
Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat. Add spinach and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in ricotta, water, and 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Add pasta to skillet; stir until well blended. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Tip: For a special touch, garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: about 3/4 cup pasta.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 286 calories, Carbohydrates: 48 g, Protein: 17 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 18 mg, Sodium: 278 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 3 Bread/Starch, 1 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.