- 3 medium carrots, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 teaspoon chicken or fish bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 fresh or frozen halibut fillets or steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Lemon slices (optional)
Combine carrots, water, wine, lemon juice, rosemary, marjoram, bouillon granules, and pepper in large skillet; bring to a boil over high heat. Carefully place fish and onions in skillet. Return just to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork.
Carefully transfer fish to serving platter with slotted spatula. Spoon vegetables over fish. Garnish with lemon slices.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 halibut steak with 1/4 of carrots.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 224 calories, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Protein: 36 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 55 mg, Sodium: 338 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Vegetable, 4 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.