- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added raspberry fruit spread
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium pear, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 bone-in lamb loin chops (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Black pepper
Preheat broiler. For chutney, combine water, cranberries, apricots, fruit spread, vinegar, cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 12 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat; stir in pear and vanilla.
Rub both sides of lamb chops with garlic. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, rosemary, and pepper. Coat broiler pan and rack with nonstick cooking spray; arrange lamb chops on prepared rack.
Broil lamb at least 5 inches from heat source 7 minutes. Turn and broil 7 minutes more or until desired doneness. Serve lamb chops with chutney.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 lamb chop with 1/4 cup chutney.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 260, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 22 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 71 mg, Sodium: 293 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Fruit, 3 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.