These juicy lamb chops will be the hit of any dinner — whether serving your family or a table of hungry guests. The colorful chutney adds just the right hint of seasonal flavor to the succulent chops. At only 260 calories per serving, everyone will be happily satisfied, not uncomfortably stuffed.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup no-sugar-added raspberry fruit spread
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium pear, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 bone-in lamb loin chops (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Black pepper
Preheat broiler. For chutney, combine water, cranberries, apricots, fruit spread, vinegar, cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 12 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat; stir in pear and vanilla.
Rub both sides of lamb chops with garlic. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, rosemary, and pepper. Coat broiler pan and rack with nonstick cooking spray; arrange lamb chops on prepared rack.
Broil lamb at least 5 inches from heat source 7 minutes. Turn and broil 7 minutes more or until desired doneness. Serve lamb chops with chutney.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 lamb chop with 1/4 cup chutney.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 260 calories, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 22 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 71 mg, Sodium: 293 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Fruit, 3 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.