- 1/4-inch-thick slice dark rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat margarine spread
- 1/2 chilled hard-boiled egg, sliced thinly
- 1/2 ounce chilled pickled herring, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
Spread thin layer of margarine on bread and cover with slices of hard-boiled egg and herring. Spoon on small dollops of mayonnaise, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
Yield: 1 sandwich. Serving size: 1 sandwich.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 147 calories, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Protein: 7 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 374 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Sharon Palmer, a registered dietitian and freelance writer in Southern California.