- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 can (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces frozen, fully cooked salad shrimp, unthawed
- 1/3 cup finely diced green onions
- 3 ounces garlic-and-herb Feta cheese, finely crumbled
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 13-inch pizza pan or baking stone with cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with cornmeal. Place pizza dough on pan and, starting at center, press dough out with hands to cover pan. Using your fingertips or a pastry brush, coat dough lightly with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with rosemary. Bake 5–8 minutes, or until light golden. Remove crust from the oven and sprinkle with mozzarella. Top evenly with a single layer of shrimp, then sprinkle with green onions and cover with Feta cheese. Return to the oven and bake 17–22 minutes more, or until crust is deep golden.
Yield: 13-inch pizza. Serving size: 1/8 of pizza.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 179 calories, Carbohydrates: 19 g, Protein: 10 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Sodium: 432 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.