- 4 four-ounce salmon fillets (or steaks)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, washed and drained
- 1/4 cup unsweetened white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet Chinese chili sauce
Heat gas or wood grill. Grill salmon fillets on hot grill until they reach desired doneness. (For well-done, grill for approximately 4–5 minutes on each side for 1-inch-thick fish).
Sauce: In a food processor or blender, combine sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. To serve, top each cooked fillet with 3 tablespoons of sauce.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 fillet or steak.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 238, Carbohydrates: 14 g, Protein: 23 g, Fat: 10 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 59 mg, Sodium: 684 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Kathleen Stanley, a Diabetes Educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky.