- 1/3 cup light Caesar salad dressing
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound beef tenderloin tips or steaks, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion (or 1/2 medium), cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper (or 1/2 of each), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or rosemary
Heat grill to medium-high heat. Combine dressing and garlic in a shallow dish. Add tenderloin, onion, and bell pepper; toss to coat well and let stand 20 minutes.
Alternately thread meat and vegetables onto 4 long metal skewers. Brush any remaining marinade from dish over meat and vegetables.
Grill skewers on covered grill 5 minutes on each side. (Tenderloin will be pink in center and vegetables will be crisp-tender.) Top with thyme.
Yield: 4 servings .
Serving size: 1 skewer.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 252 calories, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Protein: 27 g, Fat: 12 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 85 mg, Sodium: 313 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Fat, 2 Vegetable, 3 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.