- 6 ounces uncooked multigrain linguine or spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons diet margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat, about 7 minutes or until al dente. Add shrimp; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque. Drain; transfer to medium bowl.
Add cheese, margarine, garlic, and seafood seasoning; toss gently to coat. Add parsley and salt, if desired; toss to combine.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 270, Carbohydrates: 30 g, Protein: 21 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 91 mg, Sodium: 242 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 Bread/Starch, 2 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.