Tonight’s dinner menu is on us!
Looking for a new recipe? Hearty beef, potatoes, tomatoes, and spicy peppers combine for a flavor that can’t be beat in Chef LaLa’s Estafado de Bistec con Papas.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef shoulder roast, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 packet bouillon with chicken flavor
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced in rounds
- 1 can of tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons canned pickled jalapeno or
- serrano peppers with juice
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and add beef.
Add granulated garlic, pepper and salt and stir to combine.
Brown meat over medium-high heat for 15 minutes and stir in water and bouillon.
Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Uncover pan and layer in potatoes, then onion and then tomatoes.
Pour tomato sauce and serranoes and pickled juice over the casserole.
Cover and cook for 10–15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
Yield: 6 as a main course.
Serving size: 1/6 of recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 246 calories, Carbohydrates: 16.5 g, Protein: 22 g, Fat: 9 g, Sodium: 605 mg
This recipe was created by Laura Diaz, better known as Chef LaLa.