- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 ounces medium-size cooked shrimp
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 6 6-inch corn tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups shredded fresh cabbage
- 3 ripe medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion
Heat vegetable oil in skillet. In a medium bowl, pour lemon juice, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and cumin over shrimp and toss lightly. Pour into hot skillet and heat through, approximately 5 minutes.
Prepare dressing by mixing together fat-free sour cream, fat-free mayonnaise, cilantro, chilies, and 1 teaspoon chili powder.
Heat corn tortillas on both sides in a skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
To prepare each tostada, place a hot corn tortilla on the serving dish. Place 1/3 cup hot shrimp mixture on tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup shredded cabbage, 1/2 chopped tomato, and 2 tablespoons chopped onion. Pour 1/4 cup dressing over and serve immediately. Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
Yield: 6 servings.
Serving size: 1 tostada.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 192 calories, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 16 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 354 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
This recipe was developed by Sharon Palmer, a registered dietitian and freelance writer.