- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cherries, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cherry juice
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, and celery; cook and stir over medium-high heat 4 minutes. Stir in cherries, salt, thyme, and pepper. Remove from heat.
Make deep pocket in side of each pork chop; fill with one fourth of cherry stuffing. Skewer pockets closed with toothpicks.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops. Brown over medium heat 7 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Remove pork from skillet. Pour off fat. Add flour to skillet; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and juice, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Cook 1 minute to thicken sauce slightly.
Return pork chops to skillet and turn to coat evenly. Serve pork with sauce.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 stuffed pork chop.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 275 calories, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Protein: 28 g, Fat: 10 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 65 mg, Sodium: 394 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 4 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.