- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Toppings: lettuce, grilled pineapple slices, and bell pepper strips (optional)
Combine turkey, green onions, parsley, wine, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper in large bowl; mix well. Shape turkey mixture into 4 (3/4-inch-thick) burgers.
Spray rack of broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray; place burgers on rack. Broil burgers 4 inches from heat 5 to 6 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center (165°F). Serve on whole wheat buns with lettuce, grilled pineapple slices, and bell pepper strips, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 sandwich (without toppings).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 296 calories, Carbohydrates: 21 g, Protein: 24 g, Fat: 12 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 90 mg, Sodium: 454 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2 Bread/Starch, 3 1/2 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.