- 3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 6 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup packed spring greens or spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
Bring broth to boil over high heat in large saucepan; add pasta and pepper flakes. Return to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
Add chicken and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in tomato, greens, basil, and salt.
Spoon evenly into four shallow soup bowls; top evenly with mozzarella and Parmesan.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh slices of melon and iced tea with lemon and fresh mint.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 1/4 cups plus 1/4 cup mozzarella per serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 346 calories, Carbohydrates: 35 g, Protein: 31 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 57 mg, Sodium: 743 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Carbohydrate choices: 2 Bread/Starch, 1 Vegetable, 3 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.