- 3/4 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 egg whites
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
Brown beef 6 to 8 minutes in medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat. Drain fat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
Combine ground beef mixture, artichokes, bread crumbs, cheese, rosemary, and marjoram; gently mix. Season with salt and pepper
Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into ground beef mixture. Spoon into prepared casserole.
Bake 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1/4 total recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 260 calories, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 28 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 55 mg, Sodium: 330 mg, Fiber: 9 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Bread/Starch, 21/2 Vegetable, 3 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.