- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 to 5 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 3 ounces (about 1 cup) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 15 minutes.
Stir in 2 teaspoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon at a time, stirring to scrape up browned bits.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Transfer to medium bowl. Cover and set aside.
Increase heat to medium-high. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add beef; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, thyme, and pepper. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until browned.
Turn off heat. Drizzle remaining 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar over beef. Stir in vegetables. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving size: about 3 ounces beef and 1/3 cup vegetables.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 216 calories, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 26 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 53 mg, Sodium: 360 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 3 Vegetable, 3 Mea.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.