- 3/4 pound catfish fillet, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup peach salsa*
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped peeled cucumber
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place fish in pan and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and bread crumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake 20 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with fork.
Meanwhile, combine salsa and cucumber in small bowl; serve with fish.
*Note: Look for the lowest sodium peach salsa available. If unavailable, may substitute with mango salsa.
Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 164, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 14 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 45 mg, Sodium: 101 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 Fat, 1/2 Fruit, 2 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.