- 1 1/2 cups cooked noodles, chilled (start with 1/2 cup uncooked noodles)
- 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/8 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup chunked firm tofu or meat substitute
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cashews or peanuts
In a large serving bowl, toss noodles, cabbage, radishes, tofu, garlic, and ginger until combined. Mix together oil and soy sauce and add to noodles. Stir to combine and garnish with nuts.
Yield: 2 servings.
Serving size: 1/2 recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 400 calories, Carbohydrates: 37 g, Protein: 23 g, Fat: 20 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Sodium: 180 mg, Fiber: 6 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 3 medium-fat meat, 2 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 2 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Nancy Berkoff, a registered dietitian and certified chef who writes and teaches about food in Long Beach, California.