- 1 package (2.1 ounces) sugar-free, fat-free chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons Polaner Sugar Free Raspberry Preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup reduced-calorie, nondairy whipped topping
- 1 eight-inch reduced-fat, graham cracker piecrust
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
Combine pie filling with skim milk in a bowl, and whisk using a hand whisk or electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add raspberry preserves and almond extract and mix 1 minute more. Using a spatula, fold in nondairy whipped topping. Pour mixture into the piecrust and refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Top with fresh berries just before serving, arranging berries evenly on top of the pie.
Yield: 8 servings. Serving size: 1/8 of the pie.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 197 calories, Carbohydrates: 32 g, Protein: 6 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 1 mg, Sodium: 365 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 1 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
Kathleen Stanley is a Diabetes Educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky. She is coauthor of Quick & Easy Diabetic Recipes for One, published by the American Diabetes Association in 2007.