- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid packed pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 container (2 1/2 ounces) puréed baby food prunes
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces nonfat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute*
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 6 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13×9-inch pan with nonstick baking spray.
In medium bowl mix together flours, 3/4 cup sugar substitute, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
In large bowl stir together pumpkin, eggs, oil, prune purée, molasses, and brown sugar. Mix in flour mixture and stir just until combined.
Spoon into pan, smooth, and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack.
In small bowl beat together cream cheeses and 2 tablespoons sugar substitute. Beat in whipped topping. Spread frosting onto cooled cake and top with chocolate chips. Cut into 24 squares.
*This recipe was tested using sucralose-based sugar substitute.
Yield: 24 servings. Serving size: 1 square.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 110, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Sodium: 170 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.