- 1 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1 can (3 1/2 ounces) sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 packets sugar substitute or equivalent of 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 medium banana, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
Combine cornflakes, coconut, and egg whites in medium bowl; toss gently until blended. Place mixture in prepared pan; press firmly to cover bottom and 1/2 inch up side of pan. Bake 8 minutes or until edge begins to brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
Drain pineapple, reserving juice in small saucepan. Stir pineapple juice into cornstarch until smooth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool completely. Stir in sugar substitute and coconut extract, if desired.
Combine pineapple, mango slices, and banana slices in medium bowl. Spoon over baked crust; drizzle with pineapple juice mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours. Cut into 8 wedges.
Note: The crust can be made 24 hours in advance, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings.
Serving size: 1 wedge.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 139 calories, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 59 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat, 1/2 Fruit.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.