- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar Blend Splenda, No Calorie Sweetener, granular
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Splenda, No Calorie Sweetener, granular
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup Enova or canola oil
- Fat-free nondairy whipped topping (optional)
Heat oven to 350°F. Melt light margarine in microwave or over low heat in small skillet on stove. Pour melted margarine into a 9-inch nonstick round cake pan, and use a pastry brush to evenly spread the margarine across the bottom of the pan. In a small bowl, combine cranberries, Brown Sugar Blend Splenda, and pecans. Pour mixture over melted margarine in an even layer. In another small bowl, combine Splenda (white), flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and stir well with a spoon. Add liquid egg substitute, milk, almond extract, and oil, and stir until batter is smooth. Pour batter over fruit and nut mixture evenly. Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly brown on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes, then carefully invert using protective gloves onto a serving plate and remove pan. Allow cake to cool. Cut into 10 slices and top each with 1 tablespoon fat-free nondairy whipped topping if desired.
Yield: 10 servings. Serving size: 1/10th of cake.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 165 calories, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 1 mg, Sodium: 289 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 2 fat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.