- 2 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk milk, egg whites, sugar, margarine, vanilla, and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended and sugar is dissolved. Stir in bread cubes, raisins, and dried apples. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into prepared casserole.
Bake 35 minutes or until browned and heated through. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 150, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Protein: 6 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 1 mg, Sodium: 214 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.