- 6 cups peeled apple slices
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine apples, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, lemon juice, lemon peel, and ginger in 2-quart ovenproof microwavable baking dish; toss to coat evenly.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, oats, and margarine in small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
Microwave on HIGH 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings.
Serving size: 1/6th of recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 179 calories, Carbohydrates: 38 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 26 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat, 1 1/2 Fruit.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.