- 1/2 cup papaya, diced (may use canned, unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup mangoes, diced (may use canned, unsweetened)
- 1 cup pineapple, diced (may use canned, unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup passion fruit juice, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon toasted, unsweetened, shredded coconut
Prepare fruit and place in a serving dish. Combine passion fruit juice, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring for 3–5 minutes until thickened. Add mint leaves to sauce and pour over fruit. Toss fruit to coat with sauce. Cover and chill for 24 hours. Remove mint leaves. Sprinkle toasted, shredded coconut on top of fruit, and serve
Yield: 5 servings. Serving size: scant 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 54, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 0 g, Fat: 0 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Sodium: 5 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 fruit. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Sharon Palmer, a registered dietitian and freelance writer in Southern California.