- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 medium bananas (about 8 inches each), sliced
- 1 cup green seedless grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, rinsed, drained, and quartered
- 1 can (15 ounces) tropical fruit salad in juice, drained, with juice reserved
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained, with juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free orange drink mix (such as Tang)
- 1 package (1 ounce) fat-free, sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
In a large serving dish, combine strawberries, bananas, grapes, cherries, fruit salad, and peaches; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine reserved juices, powdered drink mix, and dry pudding mix; mix well with a wire whisk. Spoon mixture over fruit and toss gently to coat. Chill 30 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 1/2 cups.
Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 86 calories, Carbohydrates: 20 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: <1 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 95 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate. Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.