- 2 ripe pears, cut in small chunks, unpeeled
- 2 apples, cored and cut in small chunks, unpeeled
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 medium-size ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 dried pear halves, chopped
- Grated zest from skin of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
Combine all ingredients in a large pot and stir. Simmer over low heat 20 to 25 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm or cold.
Yield: about 6 cups. Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 102 calories, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Protein: 1 g, Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 2 g, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 fruit. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
This recipe was developed by Nancy Cooper, a Contributing Editor of Diabetes Self-Management. Nancy is a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist at the International Diabetes Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.