- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 extra-large egg at room temperature
- 1 extra-large egg white at room temperature
- 4 ounces (8 tablespoons, 1 stick) light butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Center a rack in oven and preheat to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick liner.
Combine flour, coconut, almonds, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Mix with electric mixer at low speed until combined.
Lightly beat egg, egg white, butter, and vanilla in medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients; mix at low speed until blended.
Divide dough into two equal pieces. Shape each piece of dough into 8 x 2 3/4-inch loaf with lightly floured hands. Place loaves 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
Bake loaves 26 to 28 minutes or until golden and set. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Using serrated knife, slice each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until firm and golden. Cool completely on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.