- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces (4 cups) cubed French baguette
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate ice cream topping
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine sugar and cocoa in medium bowl; stir in milk, eggs, orange peel, vanilla, and cinnamon until well blended.
Place bread cubes in ungreased 8-inch square baking dish. Pour milk mixture evenly over bread cubes.
Bake about 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 5 to 10 minutes.
Spoon warm pudding into dessert dishes. Drizzle with ice cream topping and garnish with a cherry.
Yield: 8 servings.
Serving size: 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 131 calories, Carbohydrates: 23 g, Protein: 6 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 80 mg, Sodium: 131 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Bread/Starch.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.