- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fat-free (skim) milk
- 4 packets sugar substitute or equivalent of 8 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 40 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 1 can (16 ounces) light cherry pie filling
Beat cream cheese, milk, sugar substitute, and almond extract in medium bowl with electric mixer at high speed until well blended.
Place one vanilla wafer on bottom of 4-ounce ramekin.* Arrange four additional vanilla wafers around side of ramekin. Repeat with remaining wafers. Fill each ramekin with 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture; top each with 1/4 cup cherry pie filling. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
*Note: If ramekins are not available, you may substitute with custard dishes or line 8 muffin cups with foil liners and fill according to above directions.
Cheesecake Parfaits: Crush 32 wafers. Prepare cream cheese mixture as directed above. Layer half of crushed wafers, half of cream cheese mixture, and half of pie filling in 8 small dessert glasses. Repeat layers. Garnish with remaining wafers and fat-free whipped topping, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings.
Serving size: 1 cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 214 calories, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Protein: 9 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 16 mg, Sodium: 387 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1 1/2 Fat, 1 Fruit.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.