- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large baking apple, such as Gala or Jonathan, peeled, cored, and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 large tart apple, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and cut into 6 wedges
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries or cherries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1 tablespoon diet margarine
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 prepared crêpes
- 1 cup no-sugar-added low-fat vanilla ice cream
Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
Place apple wedges, cranberries, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in slow cooker; toss to coat. Cover; cook on LOW 2 hours. Stir margarine into apple mixture just until melted.
Combine orange juice, sugar substitute, cornstarch, and almond extract in small bowl; stir until cornstarch dissolves. Stir into apples; mix well. Cover; cook on HIGH 15 minutes to thicken sauce slightly.
Place 1 crepe on each of 4 dessert plates. Spoon apple mixture evenly down center of each crêpe. Fold edges over; turn crêpes with seam side down on plates. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.
Heat filled crêpes in microwave, if desired, according to directions on package. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Tip: Prepared crêpes can be found in the produce section.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 3 apple wedges with about 1 tablespoon sauce, 1 crêpe, and 1/4 cup ice cream.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 235, Carbohydrates: 34 g, Protein: 6 g, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 101 mg, Sodium: 221 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 2 Fat, 1 Fruit.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.