- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup wheat germ or honey wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups whole grain cereal flakes
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries or golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup dried banana chips or chopped pitted dates
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Spread oats and almonds in single layer in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently.
Combine honey, wheat germ, butter, and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended. Add oats and almonds; toss to coat completely. Spread mixture in single layer in baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Break mixture into chunks.
Combine oat chunks, cereal, blueberries, cranberries, and banana chips in large bowl. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Tip: Prepare this granola on the weekend and you’ll have a scrumptious snack or breakfast treat on hand for the rest of the week!
Yield: about 20 servings.
Serving size: 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 210 calories, Carbohydrates: 36 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 58 mg, Fiber: 4 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 Bread/Starch, 1 1/2 Fat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.