- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon pourable sugar substitute*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons pourable sugar substitute*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
Bring water to a boil in large saucepan over high heat. Stir in oats, then reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in 1 tablespoon sugar substitute, cinnamon, and salt.
Meanwhile, combine Sweet Cream ingredients in medium bowl.
To serve, spoon equal amounts of oatmeal in each of 4 parfait glasses or shallow bowls, pour Sweet Cream over oatmeal, and top with berries.
*Note: This recipe was tested using sucralose-based sugar substitute.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup Sweet Cream and 1/2 cup berries.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 150, Carbohydrates: 30 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 8 mg, Sodium: 120 mg, Fiber: 5 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat, 1 Fruit.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.