- 1/2 cup unsweetened, calcium-fortified vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 cup silken tofu (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, unthawed
- 1/2 small (6-inch) banana
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Artificial sweetener to taste
Place all ingredients in a blender, cover, and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups. Serving size: 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 91 calories, Carbohydrates: 11 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 12 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1/2 reduced-fat milk, 1/2 fruit. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
Tami Ross is a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.