Here are the basics of Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010:
• Balance your “calories in” with your “calories out” to manage your weight.
• Increase your intake of nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products and protein foods, and healthy fats and oils.
• Reduce your intake of sodium, solid fats, added sugars, refined grains, and alcohol.
• Adopt a healthy eating pattern, selecting foods that meet both your nutrient and calorie needs, and following food safety recommendations to avoid illness.
• Take action in the movement to make America healthy.
You can find much more information about the updated Dietary Guidelines for Americans online, at www.choosemyplate.gov.
Source URL: https://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/nutrition-exercise/nutrition/dietary-guidelines-for-americans-2010/dietary-guidelines-at-a-glance/
Disclaimer Statements: Statements and opinions expressed on this Web site are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the publishers or advertisers. The information provided on this Web site should not be construed as medical instruction. Consult appropriate health-care professionals before taking action based on this information.
Copyright ©2021 Diabetes Self-Management unless otherwise noted.