February 24, 2012 5:30 pm
Here are some questions and statements that may help you get the information and/or referrals you need at your next doctor visit:
• Are my glucose levels in a healthy range to help prevent future complications?
• Do our medication lists agree with each other?
• This is what I have done for my diabetes since I last saw you.
• What two or three specific things could I work on that will have the most beneficial effect on my diabetes control?
• What lab tests should I have done before my next appointment?
• What annual exams should I schedule now?
• I am feeling overwhelmed by what I think is required to control my glucose levels. Can you help me with this or refer me to someone who can?
• Is my diabetes affecting my heart or kidneys in any way?
• I am interested in seeing a certified diabetes educator to review my skills for injecting insulin.
• I am having trouble planning my meals. I would like to see a nutritionist for help.
• Is there someone on your office staff that can assist me in obtaining resources or lower-cost supplies?
Source URL: https://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/about-diabetes/diabetes-basics/planning-for-a-successful-health-care-visit/helpful-questions/
Copyright ©2018 Diabetes Self-Management unless otherwise noted.