Stay in the know about diabetes by doing the following:
• Ask your health-care provider about available resources for diabetes education and training.
• Remember that diabetes is lifelong, and become educated about your disease.
• Understand the type of diabetes you have and the self-care behaviors that are necessary for taking care of it.
• Ask about the cost, and investigate your resources for payment when seeking diabetes education services.
• Find out about the diabetes education program and the educators you will be meeting with.
• Ask questions.
• Clarify with your diabetes care team any diabetes-related information you hear or read and find questionable or don’t understand.
• Make education an ongoing priority throughout your life.
Source URL: https://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/about-diabetes/diabetes-basics/getting-educated-and-staying-educated/take-away-tips-for-diabetes-education/
Disclaimer Statements: Statements and opinions expressed on this Web site are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the publishers or advertisers. The information provided on this Web site should not be construed as medical instruction. Consult appropriate health-care professionals before taking action based on this information.
Copyright ©2020 Diabetes Self-Management unless otherwise noted.