Here are some tips to keep you healthy during flu season:
• Talk with your health-care provider about a flu prevention plan.
• Get your annual flu shot as soon as it becomes available.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water, and keep hand sanitizer on hand for backup.
• Avoid hand-to-face contact, which can spread bacteria and viruses.
• Follow a healthy diet and perform moderate physical activity to help keep your body strong and resistant to viruses.
• Follow your blood glucose management regimen to maintain a strong immune system.
• Talk to members of your household about getting a flu shot; when they are protected from the flu, they’re less likely to give it to you.
Source URL: https://www.diabetesselfmanagement.com/about-diabetes/diabetes-basics/drugs-to-prevent-and-treat-the-flu/take-away-tips-for-avoiding-the-flu/
Disclaimer Statements: Statements and opinions expressed on this Web site are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the publishers or advertisers. The information provided on this Web site should not be construed as medical instruction. Consult appropriate health-care professionals before taking action based on this information.
Copyright ©2020 Diabetes Self-Management unless otherwise noted.