- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) 98% fat-free cream of celery soup, undiluted
- Chopped fresh parsley
Cook chicken in broth and water in 12-inch nonstick skillet until mixture comes to a full boil. Stir in thyme and rice. Place mushrooms on top. (Do not stir mushrooms into rice.) Cover skillet; turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Stir in soup; cook over low heat 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tip: Serve with mixed greens salad and sliced fresh strawberries.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 277, Carbohydrates: 28 g, Protein: 32 g, Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 67 mg, Sodium: 774 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 Bread/Starch, 3 Meat.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.