- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 1/2 ounces) corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer meat to Crock-Pot. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Cook on “high” for 4 hours; remove lid and stir quickly halfway through.
Yield: 8 cups. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 214, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 16 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Sodium: 901 mg, Fiber: 5 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 2.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.