- 2 cups fresh strawberries (about 1 rounded pint)
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine (can substitute white grape juice)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Splenda, No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint for garnish
Wash strawberries and remove stem and leaf cap. Blend all ingredients except mint in a blender or food processor until smooth. Chill for 1 hour. Pour into small bowls, teacups, or red wine glasses to serve. Top with fresh mint sprig. Sip or spoon as you prefer.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 109, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 0 g, Fat: 0 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 45 mg, Fiber: 7 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 fruit. Carbohydrate choices: 1 1/2.
This recipe was developed by Kathleen Stanley, a Diabetes Educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky.