- 1 can (about 14 ounces) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (about 4 ounces) diced mild green chiles
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Jalapeño pepper sauce (optional)
In medium saucepan combine broth, leeks, potato, corn, chiles, and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add broccoli; simmer 3 minutes.
Whisk milk into flour. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until soup comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Season to taste with pepper sauce, if desired.
Yield: 2 servings. Serving size: 2 cups chowder.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 280, Carbohydrates: 51 g, Protein: 19 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 3 mg, Sodium: 311 mg, Fiber: 5 g
Exchanges per serving: 2 Bread/Starch, 3 Vegetable, 1/2 Milk.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.