- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and peeled
- 2 ounces whole white mushrooms (about 2 large)
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
In a 2-quart saucepan, combine soup, water, and milk and stir well to combine into a smooth mixture. Place saucepan on stove over medium heat. Finely dice potatoes (should yield about 1 1/4 cups) and add to liquid. Remove stems from mushrooms and wipe away visible dirt with a small brush or paper towel. Chop mushrooms and add to saucepan, along with drained crabmeat, bell pepper, black pepper, and onion powder. Bring to a gentle boil, then cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes until potatoes are soft, then serve.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 122, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 3 mg, Sodium: 485 mg, Fiber: 2 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 lean meat. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
Kathleen Stanley is a Diabetes Educator at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky.