- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces fat-free processed cheese loaf (such as Velveeta), cut in cubes
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
In a large saucepan, combine soup, cheese, tomatoes with green chilies, garlic powder, and black pepper. Warm over medium heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Mix in mushrooms and broccoli and continue to heat for an additional 10 minutes or until mixture is bubbly again. Serve with bagel crisps or low-fat snack crackers.
Yield: 8 cups. Serving size: 1/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 21, Carbohydrates: 2 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: <1 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 221 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: Free.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.