- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple (1/2-inch dice)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Stir together ingredients in a 1 1/2–quart, microwave-safe dish. Cook, uncovered, on High for 8 minutes. Remove from microwave oven and stir. Return to oven and cook another 8 minutes. Allow the chutney to cool slightly, cover tightly, and refrigerate. Will keep up to
2 days in the refrigerator.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups. Serving size: 2 tablespoons.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 59, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Protein: <1 g, Fat: <1 g, Saturated Fat: <1 g, Sodium: 1 mg, Fiber: <1 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 fruit. Carbohydrate choices: 1.
This recipe was developed by Angie Sharp, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist at the International Diabetes Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.