- 4 ripe medium plum tomatoes
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Chop tomatoes finely and place in bowl. Add diced onion, lime juice, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, and parsley. Stir and refrigerate until serving time. Serve with baked chips or as a garnish or accompaniment with grilled chicken or fish.
Yield: 3 cups. Serving size: 1/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 12, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Protein: 0 g, Fat: 0 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Sodium: 3 mg, Fiber: 1 g
Exchanges per serving: Free.
This recipe was developed by Sharon Palmer, a registered dietitian and freelance writer.