- Cooking spray
- 1 pound cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 cup red hot sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot Sauce)
- 3 tablespoons melted, reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Celery sticks
- Reduced-fat ranch or blue cheese salad dressing
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray, and place chicken bites in the baking dish. In a bowl, combine Red Hot sauce, margarine, parsley, and garlic powder. Pour evenly over chicken. (If you wish, you can refrigerate the combined chicken and sauce until you are ready to heat and serve.) Bake for 20 minutes. Put a toothpick in each piece of chicken and place on serving tray. Serve with celery sticks and salad dressing.
Yield: 42 pieces. Serving size: 7 pieces.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 154, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Protein: 24 g, Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 209 mg, Fiber: <1 g
Exchanges per serving: 3 lean meat.
This recipe was developed by Tami Ross, a Diabetes Nutrition Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator in Lexington, Kentucky.