- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Cut tenderloins into bite-size pieces, about 2 inches long. Place pieces in a plastic bag along with basil, pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Shake well to coat. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Sauté over medium heat, turning frequently, until chicken is cooked through, about 10–12 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 3–4 ounces.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 168, Carbohydrates: 0 g, Protein: 24 g, Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 90 mg, Sodium: 341 mg with salt, 50 mg without salt, Fiber: 0 g
Exchanges per serving: 3 ½ lean meat.