- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1 can (about 10 3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups packed stemmed spinach, chopped
- 6 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Coat 3-quart saucepan with cooking spray. Cook and stir mushrooms, basil, garlic, and pepper over high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Add broth, water, rice, and soup; cook and stir until well blended and mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer gently 12 minutes, stirring twice during cooking, or until rice is just tender but still firm.
Stir in spinach; cover and let stand 5 to 7 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
Sprinkle with walnuts and cheese before serving.
Yield: 8 servings. Serving size: 1 cup risotto.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 219, Carbohydrates: 37 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 2 mg, Sodium: 250 mg, Fiber: 3 g
Exchanges per serving: 1 1/2 Bread/Starch, 1 Fat, 2 Vegetable.
Copyright Diabetic Cooking.